1835 - 1904 (~ 68 years)
||James Henry Taylor [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] |
||Virginia [1, 7, 8, 9]
||James Henderson /Taylor/  |
||Clinton Co., Ohio
||Second Creek Cem., Clinton Co., OH
||24 Sep 2011 |
||Margaret Pyle, b. 8 Jan 1835, Sabina, Ohio , d. 16 Jun 1913, Clinton Co., OH (Age 78 years) |
|Alternate Marriage Date
||31 May 1855
||Randolph Co., Indiana [8, 10, 11]
|+||1. Martha Elizabeth Taylor, b. 12 Oct 1855, Randolph Co., Indiana , d. 17 Mar 1931, New Vienna, Clinton Co., Ohio (Age 75 years)|
|+||2. Elisha L. Taylor, b. 5 Aug 1858, Randolph Co., Indiana , d. 8 Sep 1937, Wayne Twp., Clermont Co., Ohio (Age 79 years)|
|+||3. Curtis Albert Taylor, b. 1861, Clinton Co., Ohio , bur. Crown Creek, New Vienna, Ohio |
|+||4. Mary Josephine Taylor, b. 15 Nov 1862, Snow Hill, Clinton Co., Ohio , d. 12 Sep 1938, Germantown, Montgomery Co., Ohio (Age 75 years)|
| ||5. Emma Jane Taylor, b. 9 Apr 1864, Ohio , d. 29 Nov 1939, Westboro, Clinton Co., Ohio (Age 75 years)|
|+||6. Columbus C. Taylor, b. 8 Sep 1866, New Vienna, Clinton Co., Ohio , d. 18 Jun 1939, Westboro, Clinton Co., Ohio (Age 72 years)|
|+||7. Judson Taylor, b. 5 Feb 1867, Snow Hill, Greene Twp., Clinton Co., Ohio , d. 30 Oct 1943, Near Westboro, Clinton Co., Ohio (Age 76 years)|
| ||8. Adda Taylor, b. 1870, Ohio |
| ||9. Minnie Taylor, b. 1871, Ohio , d. 24 Dec 1889 (Age 18 years)|
|+||10. Hattie Mae Taylor, b. 1 Nov 1872, Ohio , d. 13 Jun 1958 (Age 85 years)|
|+||11. Anna Taylor, b. May 1875, Ohio , d. 1963 (Age ~ 87 years)|
|+||12. Eva May Taylor, b. 28 Apr 1878, Clinton Co., Ohio , d. 25 Jun 1949, Westboro, Clinton Co., OH (Age 71 years)|
||14 Apr 2017 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Taylor family of Clinton Co., Ohio in the early 1900s|
From Max Bobbitt
||Taylor family 1915-1918|
Back Row: James Taylor, Florence Taylor, Frank Taylor, Fanny Taylor, Verna Taylor, Iva Lou Taylor, Millie Taylor, Alonzo Taylor
Front Row: unknown woman, Elisha Taylor, Inez Taylor, Thelma Taylor
Clinton Co., Ohio, ca 1915 - 1918
- The family was living in Randolph Co., Indiana in 1860. They were living in Sabina, Clinton Co., Ohio in 1870 and Marion Twp., Clinton Co., Ohio in 1880. James and Margaret were living alone together in Jefferson Twp., Clinton Co., Ohio in 1900.
DNA evidence has proven that James Henry Taylor is not related to William Taylor and Elizabeth Rock. They are not even of the same haplogroup.
Our best guess at this point for the parents of James Henry Taylor are William and Jane E. Taylor of Pipe Creek Twp., Madison Co., Indiana. There is a James Taylor, their son, living with them in 1850 who is about the right age. They are from Virginia and located not far from where our James Henry Taylor was married. William Taylor was one of the earliest settlers in Madison County, Indiana. There are some people on Ancestry who have him in their public trees, but the parentage they have identified for him doesn't look right. It may be worth pursuing research on this family/area although a DNA test of one of his proven descendants would help a lot! [3, 4, 10]
- [S833] Correspondence with Chris Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [S446] 1860 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004).
- [S489] 1870 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2003).
- [S535] 1880 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).
- [S1232] Death certificate for Mary Josephine Taylor.
- [S1234] Death certificate for Eva May Remalia.
- [S113] Death certificate for Elisha Taylor.
- [S1048] U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900.
- [S1221] Correspondence with Linda Conover.
- [S576] 1900 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004).
- [S880] Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).